5 “health foods” that can actually be pretty harmful
You will find bold health claims for all kinds of foods, most often based on zero evidence.
Here are the top 5 “health foods” that can actually be pretty harmful.
- 1. Most fruit juices contain the same amount of easily digestible sugar as sugar-sweetened soft drinks. It is best to eat whole fruits instead.
2. Whole wheat is rich in gluten and can cause digestive problems and various symptoms. It may also cause Vitamin D deficiency and elevated small, dense LDL cholesterol.
3. Agave nectar is loaded with fructose and therefore causes all the same problems as regular sugar and high fructose corn syrup.
4. If you’re not doing super intense workouts, then you should avoid sports drinks. They are not needed and contain sugar.
5. Vegetable oils are unhealthy and lead to inflammation. They are potential key players in the epidemic of Western diseases.
If the packaging of a food tells you that it is healthy, then it probably isn’t.